Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer Update

Hi, I just wanted to post a quick update about my riding so far this summer! I'm back to taking lessons at Mary's, and although the horse I normally ride is on stall rest for a while with a tendon injury, one of the women at the barn has generously allowed me to use her 11 year old Hanoverian mare in my lessons. She's trained through 3rd, so we are having a lot of fun playing with half-passes and working on improving the quality of her walk-canter-walk transitions. Mary also has a 4 year old Lusitano that I may ride this summer if the Hanoverian is not available. I'm also working to ride once or twice a week for a trainer that I know, and I'm basically just riding whoever she tells me to ride! I'm actually heading over to the barn right now before I have to go work at my "real" job this afternoon, so I'll post a longer update later. I hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment