Sunday, March 31, 2013

Week of March 24-30

On Monday, I had a lesson and rode Fritz. We did some collected canter work, which was fun because I didn't know he could "sit" that much! We also ran through my First 1 test, and I was shocked about how quickly the movements came up in the small ring. I've shown First level a few times before, but it was always in a full size ring. I struggled with getting all of my transitions on time, but it was good to practice at least once before the show.
On Thursday, I had a practice ride and rode Fievel. I love him because he's a challenge, and after about 20 minutes he was really soft and supple. I've found that although his canter work can be hard and I have to be careful with my position, it helps him work through his back and improves the trot work. I was still really nervous about my test on Saturday, so I tried to practice some of the movements even though the arena was pretty busy. By the end, I was quite happy with the connection and his responsiveness to my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment